Monday, June 05, 2006

Symbolism II ...

I awoke this morning to the sound of a chainsaw.

The city tree guys were out front with their bucket truck, cutting up the large limb that neighbor Shane and his pal Travis had rolled onto the grass. I put on clothes and shoes and headed outside.

As one tree guy went up in the bucket to cut down the cracked-off limb, the other guy told me that this happens all the time and that odds are good that they wouldn't have to bring down the whole tree. Someone else would be out to evaluate it, he said, but that was his best guess.

The guy with the chainsaw cut off chunks of limb that fell to the ground with big thuds. As he started to cut the last piece closest to the trunk, the guy next to me said, "If it's hollow going into the trunk, we'll have a problem."

The wood fell. The trunk looks solid. My tree should be OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home