Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Quarter Notes ...

♪ Lydia of Purple, online purveyor of modest clothing, has always struck me as a wee bit odd. Still, to each his or her own, right? Until I saw this outfit. Um, it's John Deere fabric. But it's an outfit for girls. Lil' Dykes, anyone? Grace Hemingway, Ernest's mother, always wanted twins. Instead she has Marcelline, and two years later, Ernest. No matter. Grace dressed them alike anyway. Sometimes as boys, sometimes as girls. And we all know how well that turned out. Maybe save the tractor garb for boys. Tractors and lace. Just say no.

♪ I just saw a trailer for the sequel to "Garfield." One wonders what Bill Murray must be pulling down to return to the booth to voice "Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties." What's that I'm hearing? Is that the sound of Charles Dickens turning over in his grave? Oh .... No ... Nope, it's just the sound of Charles Dickens groaning at the bastardization of his book's title.

♪ WOW. Letterman just had this joke about Ann Coulter. "She's blonde and she's single. Maybe someone will set her up with O.J." WOW. Kinda not exactly "joke" territory. Still, WOW. My hat's off to Dave. That woman is evil personified. It's no wonder her big "Today" show interview was on 6-6-06.

♪ I can't shake the feeling that I should be crafting a blog entry of substance. But tonight is not the night.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Is the correct spelling "Lil' Dykes" or "Li'l Dykes"? :)

11:27 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Well, actually, the name of the toy company is Little Tykes, so it would be Little Dykes if I were being exact, but your point is well-taken. In any event, it's an outfit - for girls - with John Deere tractors on it! It's just wrong!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Yeah. That color is so wrong for a tractor-covered dress. Should be red.

If you want to know how a dyke should dress, check out the Joan Jett review in The New York Times when you get a chance. Yowza.

Today's word verification is "yamrf".

11:37 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Wow. I would kill for those arms!

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insert fingers in mouth, wait for vomit, remove fingers. Repeat as needed.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm stunned that somebody who masquerades as an open-minded person would opine that dressing a little girl in frilly dress that happens to have a tractor print is going to make the little girl a "dyke." Stunned. I suppose all little girls need to play with Barbie dolls and all little boys need to play with trucks. What do you say to all of America's farm women, where John Deere is a symbol of their livelihood? I suppose they're "dykes" too?

9:45 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh, geez, I was just having fun. No, I don't think all farm women are dykes. I think they're amazing, strong women. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to masquerading as an open-minded person.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to wipe the vomit off your chin.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home