Monday, May 22, 2006

Notes From Here And There ...

Here, from this weekend:

Yes, owning a house as a single person is a bit of a chore. There's always something to be done. And I haven't a spouse or child to recruit.

Today was spent cutting my front lawn, then washing my car, then vacuuming out my car, then cutting my back lawn, then pulling weeds, then sweeping off my deck (helicopters galore) then hauling out my deck furniture and reassembling the pieces that need to be unassembled in the fall.

But here I am now, sitting outside on a lovely May afternoon, the breeze blowing, the birds chirping, the wind chimes chiming, my grass laid out before me like a putting green.

And my laptop is wireless! I am sitting on my deck, blogging, e-mailing, IMing. Oh my God, I LOVE technology! I am so gonna finish the screenplay out here in the next couple months. There's something so inspiring about being outside. Stephen King may prescribe facing a wall as you write, but this, this feels much, much better. I even have a portable outdoor speaker, so I can have my music with me.

All that's missing is a glass of lemonade.

And There, looking ahead:

I'm heading to Los Angeles today for work for most of the week.

Everyone (i.e. those who don't have to travel for work) thinks work travel sounds like fun, but I really dread it. One, because airline schedules have become nothing more than cruel jokes, and two, because my other projects don't get put on hold just because I'm onsite with a client, so I spend the whole day working with that client, then come back to my hotel and spend the evening working on all the other work that didn't get done all day while I was at the client's office.

That said, I'm bound to note some crazy Californian goings-on over the next couple days, and hope they provide much fodder for the blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aarwenn said...

You hit the nail on the head about business travel. I don't hate it, but it's not as fun as it sounds. Sadly.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home