Friday, May 05, 2006

Bruuuuuuuuuce!

Springsteen's on the road again.

My finances cannot handle the strain. My credit cards are bent to the point of breaking.

Ticketmaster sent out the alert yesterday. Tickets were to go on sale today at 10 a.m. $92. Eeesh. Tack on the Ticketbastard fees and the price jumps well over the $100 mark. And so it was with a heavy heart that I told Doreen that I wouldn't be catching Bruce's latest tour.

"It's OK," I told myself. "I don't like the venue. I've seen him five times in three years. It's not like it's the E Street Band." I can rationalize with the best of 'em.

Doreen and I IMed today as 10 a.m. drew near. I pulled up Bruce's Ticketmaster site.

Yeah, I don't have to tell you that responsibility went right out the window. I started refreshing the page.

I told myself that I'd see what I drew. If the seats were crappy, I wouldn't spend the money.

In, I selected two, best available, entered the funky word in the funky window and waited.

Two. In the pit.

Aw, hell. Like I'm gonna pass up the chance to be in the pit at a Springsteen show?

Grabbed 'em.

Springsteen is my drug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home