Saturday, May 27, 2006

Anti-Vegan With A Vengeance ...

A few minutes ago, I received an e-mail from someone unknown to me, alerting me to a column that was written about my 'Skinny Bitch' blog post.

My new friend writes: "I stumbled upon a rant by some Atkins idiot name Jimmy Moore who is taking the 'espress [sic] elevator to hell - go'in down.'

It looks like he is trying to get other stupid people to send you angry emails.

Here is a nice one instead. You go girl!! Kick some ass. :)

-Pops"

Well, thanks, Pops!

I have to say, I don't fancy using my blog to get into a pissing match with anyone. We're all entitled to our opinions. We're all entitled to our lifestyles. I'm just expressing my views. If you want to follow Atkins, hey, happy meat-eating. But what's the harm in considering another way of eating? There are people who think I'm nuts for cutting animal products out of my diet. Okayfine.

To wit, the mission statement of The Common Voice, the home of the piece about me, is this: "The Common Voice is a shared community of individuals with various ideologies and views on the issues of the day. It is a Web site that gives these community members an opportunity to respond to the issues of the day through interactive tools and discussion areas. All this is for the purpose of allowing us all to better understand one another - and ourselves."

So Jimmy Moore, the author of the piece and a regular contributor to The Common Voice, suggests, "Why don't we educate Beth Kujawski further about how healthy the Atkins/low-carb approach really is by sharing with her how this way of eating has changed our lives? Send her an e-mail at bethkujawski@earthlink.net."

FYI, Jimmy (because I know you're reading this), your meat-eating minions have yet to share their elucidation. And by the by, the limitation of the written word lies in the lack of inflection. I didn't "deride" you or your hometown. I've spent time in South Carolina. Barbeque *is* a way of life there, and if you're an Atkins follower, that would seem to be a good thing.

So I offer an olive branch (vegan) or an Olive Garden branch (where you can eat meat). You live your Atkins life, I'll live my vegan life, and we'll both die someday anyway.

6 Comments:

Blogger 3finger said...

If Jimmy Moore had a real sac, he would have confronted you directly with his alleged disagreement with you about dietary plans instead of commanding his bully boys to carpet-bomb your In box. Mr. Moore is nothing less than a coward. And this is coming from a proud meat eater, so there.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Ethan said...

Yeah, and bonus points that you must be "logged in" to leave comments on his site. Nice. What's the matter dude, afraid of unsolicited comments?

12:27 AM  
Blogger OneMan said...

I bet your hits went up at least...

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Doreen said...

The meat eaters are sleeping off the digestion of the protein and can not be disrupted to indict you based on your food choices :)

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meat eaters are making a very good choice in my opinion. To know more you can see it at http://www.cafepress.com/antivegetarian

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunetly, the evidence is in favor of the 80-85% carbs (unenriched, thank you), 10-15% fats, and 5-10%protein.
http://www.drmcdougall.com/med_hot_highprotein.html

Plus we are no spoiling the planet :)

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home