Sunday, March 19, 2006

'A History Of Violence' ...

Holy crap.

Out-frickin'-standing.

And so many of my favorite male actors in one movie? Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris and William Hurt? Wow.

The final scene is brilliant.

And one of my true tests of movie worthiness is whether I bother to watch the extras. I just finished every single one.

Yesterday I bought "Walk the Line" and "Good Night, and Good Luck." I'll have to go back to the store to pick up this one, too.

David Cronenberg can make some pretty wacky films - "Crash" (the one about sex and car crashes, not the one about racism in L.A.) wasn't so well-received at Cannes, as he reveals in one of the extras - but this movie is outstanding.

Yep, it gets a little bloody at times. It ain't called "A History of Violence" for nothing. But just remember, it's not real blood. It's red food coloring and Karo syrup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home