Monday, March 13, 2006

Fair's Fair ...

WARNING: The following post has a political overtone, but it's not biased the way you might suspect.

L.A. Dave sent me a link to a CNN story tonight about Bush's ever-plummeting poll numbers.

My reply to Dave surprised even me. I asked, "Are news orgs taking polls every five minutes in the hopes of seeing George's number plummet further? I can't remember ever hearing about this many polls."

It's no secret to readers of this blog that I will not be accepting any invitations to functions at the White House while George is the tenant. But the once-a-journalist-always-a-journalist side of me tries to see both sides of stories. (I can hear some of you guffawing, and I'll readily admit that my Bush rants are entirely one-sided, but they're opinion, not reporting.)

"Liberal media!" you'll cry of this latest attempt to foul W's name.

Maybe. Maybe the press is being a little insane with polling lately. It's no secret that George is not the most popular guy on Pennsylvania anymore, but do we need new poll results every day?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Ethan said...

It could be to counteract the prevailing opinion in the media that W is a "popular" president. Yes, the media is an echo chamber, as is the political side of the blog world. But for what it's worth, reporting bad poll numbers is better than glossing over them. Not that the W crowd cares about that stuff anyway (they do, by the way).

10:20 PM  
Blogger Jeff Hunter said...

Who cares if his approval rating is 1%? He's not getting the job again anyway. It's not like he's a Kalifornia govener...

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Careful, if you're too fair and balanced, Fox News might call you with a job offer.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home