Thursday, February 16, 2006

Toast ...

Pat, who authors one of the blogs on my must-read list (click on the title to go to one of my favorite posts), was on my mind this morning as I made toast.

And Pat just posted a comment to the Paris item below.

I like that as I was thinking about Pat and toasting toast, Pat was reading about Paris and posting a post. Ah, happy synchronicity!

It is worth noting this particular entry on Pat's blog elicited a lot of comments.

Clearly, it is a topic about which people feel great passion.

My toast was made with bread that I bake that is lovely as bread, but is awesome as toast. It is also awesome as French toast, though French toast is not really toast. It's fried, egg-soaked bread and lacks many of the qualities of toast greatness which Pat identifes.

Toast. When bread meets fire.

I believe I feel a haiku coming on:

Toast, warm and lovely
Crispy and spread with butter
Eat it everyday

And in case you're wondering, yes, I *do* think I might be going insane.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used corn for bait :)

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Pat said...

Awesome.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home