Thursday, February 23, 2006

'Just Like Heaven' ...

Ah, geez.

Tonight I watched "Just Like Heaven," the Reese Witherspoon/Mark Ruffalo 5-pound bag of sugar. Yikes.

There is one moment of such extreme sappiness in this film, I actually groaned. I think I'm going to write a pedantic comedy. Badump bump! Goodnight, everybody! I'm here all week! Tip your waitress!

But this post isn't really about the movie.

Toward the end of the film (a film whose music supervisor made some questionable choices, if you ask me), one tune made me sit up and take notice.

After the movie, I scampered - okay, I didn't actually scamper - into my office to find the track on iTunes.

The tune is "Colors," and the artist?

His name is Amos Lee and I really dig him.

Of course, the track is only available as part of the whole soundtrack, which I wasn't of a mind to buy, so I looked for other albums by Amos. He has a few, and "Colors" is on 'em, but the version from the movie is piano-based, and the other versions are guitar.

So I bought the soundtrack. It's not bad. It's just not great. Though it also includes some score, and I did get 18 tracks for $9.99.

Amos Lee. My new favorite music guy. If you don't already know him, look him up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home