Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Feeling A Song ...

I love music.

I own a ton of it. My friends and family marvel at the size of my CD collection.

But very, very, very few songs really get into my blood.

"Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" is in my blood.

The first time I heard the song was at G's, actually. He had a German radio station streaming and we were both struck by this song. He wrote down KT's name to investigate further.

So now her album's out in the States and I bought it last night.

I love the energy of this song. I love the simplicity of it. I love that it is impossible to be still while listening to it.

I love that the last line of the chorus, amusingly, is "You're not the one for me."

I stayed up for until 1 a.m. listening to this one track, over and over and over again, singing along most of the time, sure I'd be hoarse when I woke up this morning.

I'm not, and I've been singing it again all day.

Brian, my genius recording and mixing friend, has been prepping a couple tracks for me to lay down one of these days, but this song, clearly, has to go right to the top of the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home