Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Eww, Eww, Eww!

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this what it's come to? Star Jones Reynolds hosting a virtual workshop on how to tell if your man's The One? (Click on the title of the post to go there.)

Of course, what she's really doing is stumping for her book, "Shine: A Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Journey to Finding Love." You can buy the book on the site, but you can also "Make Star your SuperBuddy"! I am *dying* to know what this is! Alas, when I click the link, I get an error message. Dammit.

I've never had a SuperBuddy. Do I want one? I'm sure I do. But I don't think I want it to be Star Jones. Ever since she's lost all her weight, her head looks unnaturally big for her body, and not in the Tootsie Pop way that most girls in Hollywood look disproportionate. Star looks like her head's about to whump down on the table in front of her on "The View."

I "took" the entire workshop, all eight steps. I'll save you the time and clicking:

Know yourself. Know what you're looking for. Then you'll be able to recognize it.

RADICAL!

The most alarming thing about the workshop was the quiz, "Are There Any Deal Breakers?" Specifically, the first question:

"What should you do if your man doesn't have a credit card?"
A) Don't worry about it
B) Run

Those are your only two options. I thought B was ridiculous. So I clicked A, to see what I'd learn.

"Incorrect. This is a serious red flag that almost definitely means your man does not have his financial houses in order."

"Almost definitely." Nice. Nothing like a little hedging.

But "Run"?!

I'm sorry, but doesn't that seem just a wee bit shallow?

I'm not saying I'm itching to date a guy with bad credit, but is that really the first and foremost reason to write him off?

But also on the financial topic, Question 6:

"How should you react if your man's insisting on a prenuptial agreement?"
A) Disagree with him
B) Agree with him

The correct answer, ladies, is B. Because we should all expect to create a prenup to protect us and our relationship.

By the by, if you're a nervous test-taker and you want to be sure you don't get any wrong, you can get hints along the way to help you make the right decisions.

With a little help from Star.

Who married a gay man.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aarwenn said...

She married a gay man?

12:24 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

So goes the scuttlebutt about Big Al. Maybe he's not exclusively gay. Maybe he's bi. But when your bachelor party is a "Roman baths" theme and you're required to check your clothes at the door? Well, you do the math.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suze Orman verifies Star Jones advice.
www.myfico.com/couples/
Financial responsibility is very important

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Ellen said...

Beth,
Hilarious! Love the part about her head whumping down on the table.
Ellen

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home