Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Welcome, Henry ...

When I went to work for Thomson in 1997, I met Henry Miller.

He was my saving grace. I found myself, unexpectedly, the editor of a NASCAR publication, and this city girl knew nothing about the sport of good ol' boys.

That would change, quickly, but in the meantime, Henry was like my seeing-eye dog. If it weren't for him, I would have tripped over many curbs and walked into many lightpoles.

For a long time, we were phone friends. I his editor, he my writer, we'd talk all the time, but it wasn't until I went to my first race that we met. He picked me up at Hartsfield and we drove to Talladega. That was the first time I met the Henry that he writes about in his blog (linked through the title of this post, and also in my links to the right).

Today, he is in many ways a different person. Not just physically. He moved across the country for a new job and in the process, found a new life. He literally married the girl upstairs, and became an instant dad to her daughter, and then became a dad again to a very cute baby girl.

He is a terrific writer, and writing are what blogs are about. So I invite you to check out his site. He's a busy man - editor, entrepreneur, father, husband, student - but he says he'll try to post 2 to 3 times a week.

Henry, I've gotcha bookmarked. Start posting, my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home