Friday, December 09, 2005

Dating Dearth and Snow ...

Look at that. It's been several days since I've been able to write a "Date" post.

Dad being in the hospital this week + G working and having a life besides me = Beth hasn't seen him since Monday morning.

I admit it feels weird. But then I stop and remind myself, "You know, Beth, in some parts of the world, this is normal dating behavior, seeing each other on weekends." (I don't really refer to myself in the third person in the conversatons in my head. I just makes for better reading here.)

Meanwhile, it snowed yesterday. An appreciable amount. Blowy and drifty, so it looks like there's way more snow on my deck than there really is, but it's pretty. It wasn't necessarily pretty last night, driving in it. (I was behind someone who was doing 8. Yeah, 8. Miles per hour.) But it was nice to finally get home, close the door on the snow, and watch it through the window.

And this morning, my backyard looks like a postcard, snow heavy in the pine trees, the grass a soft, thick blanket of white. Even the squirrels haven't been out yet to track it all up.

Today is one of those "I'm glad I work from home" days. I will make coffee and take the laptop into the kitchen and work with a view.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Hunter said...

Still need a little Christmas?

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Ellen said...

Working from home sounds blissful. I'm about to commute home and there's practically a whiteout in Boston.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home