Saturday, November 12, 2005

Is It Just Me? ...

Tell me if this is as shitty as I think it is, or if I'm missing something:

I just read a story (turns out, it was marketing spiel) written by a woman who was trying to get pregnant. I have friends in similar situations, so I was reading with them in mind, though I may someday face the same issue. Anyway, this woman wrote a compelling tale of how, like many couples, she and her husband thought they would simply get pregnant once they decided to have a family. They weren't having any luck and she became obsessed with reading everything she could, talking to everyone she could talk to.

It took years for them to conceive, and they lost the baby.

But then, she found the answer to her problem!

Isn't that great?

Do you want to know what is?

She'll tell you if you spend $29 to buy her book.

I understand that people want to make money off of things they've learned or invented or discovered, but it seems cruel in this case to draw women into this story only to make it a sales pitch.

Shouldn't a mother want, above all else, to help other women who are in her former shoes? Does it seem crass to anyone else to sell her secret of success?

This isn't like how to make a killing in real estate with no money down. This is the very essence of what it means to be a woman.

Has everything in the world been reduced to how to make a buck?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home