Wednesday, November 16, 2005

'House of D' ...

Oh.

It's snowing outside today, and I haven't been feeling well, so while I had intentions of doing more productive things this afternoon, I sat my ass down on the couch to watch "House of D" instead.

Written and directed by David Duchovny (but he's not the D in "House of D"), Mulder also spends a few minutes on screen, but the real reason I rented it was because of Robin Williams.

I adore Robin Williams. I'm fascinated that one man can be so brilliant at comedy and so brilliant at drama. Any movie of his is worth my time.

I didn't love it. I didn't hate it. There were a couple moments when I cried, but I'll cry over a commerical for soup if it's done well.

When it was over, I called up Roger Ebert's review. One and a half stars. Oof. And a sarcastic review. Ouch. He actually coined a word to describe the movie: "Doofusoid." That's not good.

But then, on Netflix's one-to-five star scale, I think this movie is headed for a 2, so really, Rog and I are pretty much on the same page.

Though I didn't feel the need to invent a new word for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home