Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Date Four ...

So there we were, loafing on the couch, talking about whatever we were talking about, when the phone rang.

"Do you need to get that?" I asked.

G thought for a second. "Hmm. No," he said, letting his machine pick it up in the next room.

When his outgoing message was over, I heard a female voice say, "Hi, babycakes! It's me!" I didn't look at him. He didn't look at me. We kept listening. "I'm calling to hear about this chickie." She finished her message. I said, as I said the last time she called and left a message when I was there, "I won't ask. But who's the chickie?"

"Uh, you?" he said, as if were obvious.

"Just checking," I said. "Oh, look at that. I said I wouldn't ask, and I asked." I settled against his chest again and smiled to myself. He's telling his friends about me. Good sign.

Date Five, Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home