Sunday, November 13, 2005

Cheesed Off ...

I almost never eat Doritos. And I really almost never eat nacho cheese Doritos.

But for the past two days, I've had a taste for them. Weird. (No, I haven't been smoking pot.)

So last night, I went to the store (needed coffee goo for this morning) and picked up a bag, which screamed from the store shelf, "Nacho Cheesier! Now Better Tasting!" (And also "0 Grams Trans Fats" because, you know, the Doritos set is a health-conscious bunch.)

I brought 'em home. I popped in "Carlito's Way" (ah, that scene where he kicks in Penelope Ann Miller's door!), and popped a Dorito into my mouth.

You know what? They don't taste the same. The better-tasting, 0-grams-trans-fattiness has seemingly forever altered the nacho cheese Doritos of my memory.

So I threw them out. If I'm going to eat crap, it has to be the crap I want. I have a very discriminating crap palette.

(Funny side note: The Blogger spellcheck doesn't recognize "nacho" and "Doritos" and offered up alternatives. So, if Blogger's spellcheck had its way, they'd be called "macho cheese dirties.")

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Hunter said...

macho cheese dirties

IMHO, appropriate enough.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home