Monday, October 24, 2005

Nice ...

So Britney Spears is upset because photos from a private shoot of her and Kevin and their baby were allegedly stolen and then posted online, though they've since been removed.

And Britney Spears is also reportedly negotiating the sale of those photos to a magazine.

I guess I'd be pissed off too if my private photos of my child were stolen and shown to the world before I had a chance to cash in on them.

Call me crazy, but it's one thing to sell pictures of yourself to the highest bidder, but selling pictures of your infant? Unless the money is going to a charity, that seems awfully low. And even if the money is going to a charity, that seems awfully low. How about not exploiting your child?

2 Comments:

Blogger Marc said...

You realize you're talking about a girl who, despite having struck it rich, is still basically deep south trailer trash?

11:54 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Indeed I do. Though there's some small, foolish part of me that hopes for - if not expects - a baseline of human conduct, and selling pictures of your child to a magazine shouldn't be on the table. No one will be happier than me if the reports are wrong and I have to apologize for rushing to judgment.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home