Wednesday, October 19, 2005

More Importantly ...

A couple of people have mentioned the jacket.

To clarify, the one I found online - the inspiration - was raspberry velvet, but the one I ended up buying was very different.

And I didn't wear it. The arms didn't fit right as of Monday afternoon, still too snug.

Go figure. I got into an entire size smaller jeans, but the Oprah arms persist.

But in the end, I'm glad I didn't wear it, because the jacket is brown, and I went to see JD before the show, my brilliant hair guy (who brought his dog to the salon yesterday; her name is Daughter, and she sports a dye job. I LOVE that my stylist's dog's fur is dyed!) truly outdid himself this time with the color. It's *outstanding.* Four different colors but very homogenous. It's like golden caramel. The jacket wouldn't have shown off the hair, and the hair was last night's star.

He knew I was going to the show, so when I told him that the style had to be very rock and roll, he turned my head into this semi-60s fullness on top, but, well, it defied description. "It's very 'kitten with a car,' " he said. I smiled at him in the mirror. He laughed. "I mean, 'kitten with a whip.' "

"Kitten with a weapon," I offered, to cover all the bases.

I don't wear gold jewelry normally, but yesterday, I said, "I need gold earrings to go with this hair," and he said, "Big gold hoops." Oh, hell yeah. So I went to Marshall Field's in Water Tower directly from the salon and bought a very cool pair of long oval gold hoops. Had the saleswoman dip them in alcohol and put them right in.

So the hair and the earrings and a classic denim jacket. And I threw on more eye makeup than I normally wear.

It's unscientific, but several guys said hello to me yesterday after I left JD. Long hair. It's like magic.

There are pictures of me (and the hair) and Dave (L.A. Dave wants to see the hair, so Dave obliged by smuggling his camera into the United Center), but whenever I try to post a photo to my blog, my brower crashes. Maybe Blogger and Safari don't get along. I suppose I could try posting through IE. We'll see if that helps any.

As for the jacket? I'll save it until my birthday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I lost 100 lbs and my arms eventually got thinner, and jackets finally fit. But my back got bigger. Hmmm. Maybe it was all the swimming. Try doing some weight work. It will help. I promise.

And I'm cheering for that raspberry jacket!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home