Sunday, October 09, 2005

Chalk Talk ...

I'm just home from a walk to the post office, my morning stroll.

On a sidewalk, on my way home, was a drawing in white chalk of a person. No, it wasn't a police outline of a body. It was a child's drawing. Or a rendering by an adult with very few artistic skills.

But I digress. The point is, the drawing made me remember something I wanted to post about yesterday.

I was walking to the bank, on my usual to-the-bank route, which takes me past the home of a couple kids. There are often chalk drawings on the sidewalk in front of their house, and I take care to step around them. Yesterday, I stepped around a hopscotch grid and assorted drawings running the entire length of their property. These kids had been busy. Toward the end of the exhibit, they had drawn boxes and written words inside. "Frog." "Dog." "Cat." "Fish." "Ass."

"Ass." I really want to believe that they meant "ass" as in "donkey," but, yeah, I don't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home