Friday, September 09, 2005

All That Matters ...

I live in a broadcast world.

I don't have satellite TV.

I don't have cable.

Right now, every station I can access (with the exception of WCIU-Ch. 26, which, inexplicably, is airing a Sox game) is broadcasting "Shelter From The Storm: A Concert for The Gulf Coast."

I am completely overwhelmed.

Every station, saying, "Right now, nothing else matters."

For the next hour, all of America is sharing the same experience.

We have all been dialed in for the past week, watching, wrestling with what we're seeing, as Dave said, "crushed by the sadness of it all." The least we can do is be informed, to question and to try to understand.

But tonight, the unity is overwhelming.

Let it last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home