Saturday, August 13, 2005

Walking Toward A Cure, Part III ...

The Breast Cancer 3-Day is just over a month away. Hard to believe, as I signed up for it in March and thought at the time, "Wow, September is a long way off."

Time really does seem to move faster, the older you get.

I'm glad that I'll be participating in the Chicago event this time. It will be nice to have friends and family at Montrose Harbor at the end of the event. When I did the walk in Atlanta, I had my walk friends with me at the end, people I had gotten to know during the course of the event, but the only other person I knew (who wasn't a walker) was a freelance writer I used to work with in my Thomson days whom I had never met face to face until the moment she found me after closing ceremonies.

She brought flowers. I handed one to each of my walk friends. It was sweet, but I was sorry not to share the moment with my closest friends and family.

This year will be different. I can't wait. I'll post a recounting of the walk here when it's over.

In the meantime, if you'd like to contribute to my fundraising, you can click the link at the right to go to my 3-Day Web page.

xo,
B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home