Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Waiter Responds ...

So, I wrote to Waiter, he of waiterrant.com, about the tipping issue.

This is what he had to say:

"Well at the French Laundry the service charge is 18% so I assume it's the same at Per Se.

The problem with the 18% is if the waiter knows they get paid no matter what - quality of service might go down. The FL and Per Se have their own internal quality controls that are not dependant on tipping.

However 18% is a nice number. Most people leave 15% or less if they can get away with it. Hmmmm....

I'm against it in my Bistro -because it would reward slacker waiters. However my opinion on that may change!

You can always leave more! Just tell the waiter you want to leave extra or stick some bills in the book.

Got to run. Best wishes.

Waiter"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home