Friday, July 29, 2005

What's Our Problem? ...

The AP informs me that police in London and Rome today arrested the final suspects in the botched bombings in London on July 21. My calendar informs me it's July 29.

Eight days. What stellar policework. Eight days to find men hiding out in large, densely populated cities where, if I were on the lam, I'd think it would be pretty easy to get lost in the crowds.

So how is it that nearly four years after September 11, Osama bin Laden is still cavorting around the deserts of Afghanistan, Pakistan, wherever he may be? Still plotting, no doubt, and I'm sure laughing at the Americans he's been able to elude for so long.

Are we really looking for him? Or is it all just pretense, like O.J. vowing to find the real killers, and stealing satellite TV instead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home