Tuesday, June 21, 2005

104.3 Jack FM ...

In these parts, 104.3 used to be an oldies station. It is programmed in my car because when I bought her, Larry the Sales Guy was showing me how to program stations. I let him program the last button. Larry likes oldies.

But in this world of radio turnover, WJMK The Oldies Station is no more. Now it's Jack FM. I don't know who or what Jack is, but he's got himself a winner. It's a very cool mix of music. Tag line: "Playing what we want."

Today in the car, throughout the day, I heard: That "Oh Yeah" song from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," Christopher Cross, Love and Rockets, Eric Clapton ("After Midnight" -- is that Cream?), Creed, Madonna, Tom Petty, Duran Duran, John Mellencamp, Styx, Depeche Mode, Macy Gray, Bruce Springsteen, Nirvana, Cyndi Lauper, Sniff 'N' The Tears (I confess I had to look that one up), and The Bangles.

It's like Internet radio, without the Internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home