Friday, April 15, 2005

Tech Rehearsal ... Oh, How Cool ...

Tonight was my first-ever tech rehearsal where singing was involved. Gwen, our instructor extraordinare, reserves the cabaret at Davenport's for we students, and as a reward for staying up late (this rehearsal started around 9:30 p.m.), we get some good mic tips and get to practice our "blocking" on stage (which is really just what to do with the mic stands) and get to sing a bit of our songs.

I'm not sure if it was because I had things to focus on, like adjusting the mic and where to stand, but once Briggetta and I sang our parts and sat down, *that's* when I felt kinda shaky. When it was over. Not really before. Not at all during. It was a weird realization, after the fact, that I wasn't nervous when I was up on stage.

Two words: Woo hoo!

Two classes on Saturday then another tech rehearsal Saturday night, and then Sunday night is the big event. For the later show (when Briggetta and I sing), the crowd should number about 95!

Not even nervous thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home