Wednesday, April 20, 2005

More Than A Movie ...

So I watched "Suspect Zero." I'm a *big* Ben Kings ... oh, excuse me, *Sir* Ben Kingley fan. (If you've never seen his performance in "Sexy Beast," you're really missing out.)

I can see why it didn't do better at the theaters, because the hook of the movie is *really* dark.

But the cool part of the movie is that Sir Ben is a remote viewer. Which means he does remote viewing. I am *fascinated* by this. I now know it's been around for a long time, but this is the first time I've been exposed to the concept. And there's an extra on the DVD in which the film's director does a remote viewing session and gets seriously wigged out when he realizes that he correctly identified a target.

So of course I've been online tonight, reading up on remote viewing. It's a skill that can be taught, though I suspect that the more open you are to the idea, the easier it would be to access. But I know that I really want to try this!

For those of you unfamiliar with the concept, remote viewing is defined by the International Remote Viewing Association as "a novel perceptual discipline for gaining information not available to the ordinary physical senses. Used extensively by so-called 'psychic spies' during the Cold War for classified military projects, it has a long history both as an intelligence gathering tool and as the subject of research and applications in the civilian world. Remote viewing has now taken a long step into the public domain with the formation of a professional association to propose standards, test performance, and promote peaceful use and development of this unique human mental capacity."

Nifty, no?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,

In reading your most recent article, "More Than a Movie," I noticed a disturbing trend in your writing.

By my count, there were four words that were surrounded by an asterisk. Obviously this is to emphasize the word. But four?

I believe this is symptomatic of "Asterisk Tourettes Syndrome," or ATS- if you will. It's a fairly common trait among writers who are trying to find their voice. Unfortunately, I think you've found your asterisk.

Nifty? Definitely no.

Cheers,

Dr. Leonard McCoy

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home