Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Boss and The City of Light ...

Doreen, the woman I have to thank for my Bruce obsession (and yes, I'm aware of the fact that this blog has become very Bruce-centric), wrote earlier today to mention a contest to win tickets to see Bruce in Paris. Paris! Doreen is going to school and working full-time, and is being very good about not skipping classes. So good that she will miss Bruce on his "Devils & Dust" tour because the dates she could attend fall on school nights. But Doreen loves Bruce, and Doreen loves Paris. "I could miss school for THIS!" she wrote.

So I entered, too, to double our chances. And was just telling L.A. Dave about the whole spiel, when he said, "Bruce in Paris? Does that make sense? Paris is elegant ..."

"And Bruce is so salt-of-the-earth America?"

"Yeah," he said.

"There are aspects of the elegant about him, in a rough-hewn way," I said, and as the words passed my lips, I got up off the couch and headed into my office to type that before I lost it. It's the kind of sentence that belongs in a blog, at the very least.

So there it is.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Doreen said...

Paris may be elegant, but it also has a dark seemly, no one in America understands me side to it ... and Lord knows ... we may ALL end up living there if you know who's little brother runs for President .... I would have to give my television away if THAT happens!!!!!
Mon ami, merci pour mentionner moi!!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Boss" travels the world in a private jet. Lives in Beverly Hills. Owns something like 30 cars. Now how "salt-of-the-earth" is that?

And with his phony left-wing tendencies, the Boss should be right at home in Paris. Gimme a break.

"Glory Days" indeed.

Cordially,

Leonard McCoy, M.D.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home