Thursday, April 21, 2005

3-Day Update ...

Time really does go faster, the older you get.

It's been more than a month since I signed up for the Breast Cancer 3-Day. And in that month-plus, I've had the privilege to write many thank-you notes to many friends who have so generously contributed to the effort.

And what I'm struck by, every time I write such a note, is that the spirit of this event (which is nearly overwhelming for the three days in which it takes place) really begins the moment the first donation arrives (Justin can claim that honor, for contributing, literally, within moments of finding out that I was participating) and it just keeps making itself known, every time someone adds to the total.

It's very heartwarming, the pledges of support for such a worthwhile cause. Daily reminders that the world is full of kindness.

My continued love and thanks to you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home